While humans have been barefoot running for millions of years, just recently the practice has made a resurgence in North America. With so many hi-tech running shoes on the market designed to provide support, one might ask how running barefoot could make any improvements to their health.The research has been done and the results are in - there are undeniable health benefits associated with barefoot running and wearing Vibram FiveFingers will allow you to enjoy the benefits of barefoot running while fully protecting your feet.6 Health Benefits of Running with Vibram FiveFingers:
1. Strengthen the muscles in your feet and lower legs - wearing FiveFingers will stimulate and strengthen muscles in your feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improve your range of motion in ankles, feet and toes - FiveFingers let your foot and toes move more naturally unlike traditional running shoes.
3. Stimulate neural function - Neural function is important to balance and agility. When wearing Vibram FiveFingers, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Improve proprioception and body Awareness - those same neurological receptors heighten body awareness, sending messages about body mechanics, form, and movement.
5. Eliminate heel lift to align your spine and improve posture - By lowering the heel, your body weight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed. This promotes proper posture and spine alignment.
6. Allow your foot and body to move the way Nature intended - Let your body feel good!If these reasons are not enough to convince you, check out Daniel E. Lieberman's research video.Go to http://www.vibrams-shoes.com for more info.