In the past, if you wanted to try to buy shoes specially designed for people with peripheral circulatory problems, your choices were very limited and these special shoes required a prescription to purchase them. In many instances these circulatory problems fall into the category of diabetic neuropathy, brought on by diabetes.Now, depending on the severity of the diabetic neuropathy, your only option may still be highly specialized shoes, prescribed by a physician. This is especially true if the condition has progressed to the point that you experience ulcers on your feet or you have sores that are slow to heal. But if you have diabetes, for instance Type 2 diabetes, and you do not as of yet have medical issues associated with your feet, you can opt for cheap diabetic shoes.I will define cheap diabetic shoes as shoes that are moderately priced and that offer some degree of preventative care for someone with the potential for diabetic neuropathy. The features that you should look for in a cheap diabetic five toe shoes are:
1. The shoe should allow plenty of room for your toes. Infections can easily start in the toenails and the less friction and pressure against them, the better.
2. The shoe should be easy to put on. Slip-on shoes are fine, if they are also firm enough for good support. If the shoe has laces make sure that it also has hooks, in addition to holes. This will make tying them much easier.
3. The shoe should match your natural arch. Lack of arch support could break blood vessels and over-stretch ligaments in the feet. If you are having any loss of sensation, due to diabetic neuropathy, you may not notice the pain and the condition could worsen.
4. The shoe should come with removable, padded insoles. You should be able to make adjustments to the fit of your shoe, if you notice changes in the condition of your feet.
5. As with any shoe, and no matter who is buying it, make sure that you have the shoes fitted properly for your feet. Too small and you will constrict the circulation in your feet. Too big and you can cause blisters and abrasions due to slipping.
While this can be a concern for everyone, diabetics should be especially careful.So, you can find cheap diabetics shoes. You just need to make sure that you do your homework and select a pair that will keep your feet healthy and happy!
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is not meant to serve as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please consult your doctor.Or buy a about disclaimer book.
Thank you read.